NOT ABLE TO TRAVEL BECAUSE OF TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS?
Low cost Cervical Spine Surgery in India
Plan your Cervical Spine Surgery in India with Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
Cervical Spine Surgery is a procedure to eliminate or reduce pain, weakness, numbness of the cervical spine. Cervical refers to the neck portion of our body. We often tend to ignore neck pain but if not taken care of, it may cause serious damage to the cervical region. Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants helps international patients find the right treatment in India at affordable rates.
How things function at Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
- Top experts : Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants has association with the top spinal surgeons and specialists in India.
- Key services : Our team take care the most important factors like appointment with doctors, your medical visa, accommodation, health meals.
- Cost-efficiency : The cost involved in the treatment, your stay, flight tickets, meals etc is nearly 25% of the expenses incurred in Western countries.
- Professionalism : The experts associated with Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants ensure utmost care to maintain ethics in meeting patient's need.
- Other facilities : Quick visa letter, flight ticket bookings, language translators, foreign exchange facility, hotel arrangement, vacation tours and plans.
What is Cervical Spine Surgery ?
Cervical Spine Surgery India is the most commonly performed medical procedure at an affordable price. Top Spine Hospitals in India are JCI accredited and are trusted worldwide in terms of services. India has an estimate of 15% to 20% increase in the number of patients per annum in the last five years. Since India is charging only a fraction of what western countries hospitals costs, a considerable crowd is shifted to seek spine surgery in India. With the top-notch treatment procedures, English is well spoken by the doctors and staff making it easier for the patients and family to interact.
Why Cervical Spine Surgery?
Cervical Spine Surgery is helpful in the case of deformity of spine or degenerative disease. In case of degenerative disease, the intervertebral discs shrink, leading to wearing down of the disc gradually. This wearing down may lead to disc herniation, which is a bulging of the vertebral discs. Degeneration of the disks results in compression to the nerves, which cause pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness. Patients with cervical deformities, such as hyperlordosis or swan neck, may need cervical spine surgery to help straighten and stabilize their spine. Spine deformities leave the neck vulnerable to injury, and some injuries may lead to dislocation or fracture of the cervical vertebrae. Spine Surgery, in this case, is beneficial for relieving pressure on the spinal cord.
Conditions Resolved with Cervical Spine Surgery
Some of the conditions treated with Cervical Spine Surgery effectively are as follows:
Degenerative Disc Disease: In degenerative disease the discs or cushion pads between vertebrae shrink, causing improper functioning of the disc, which may lead to herniation in later stages of life. If left untreated, this may lead to spine arthritis. Degenerative disks can cause pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness from the pressure on the spinal nerves. Some of the conditions include intervertebral disc herniation, spondylosis, cervical spondylotic myelopathy, and cervical stenosis.
Cervical Deformity: Patients with a cervical spine deformity such as hyperlordosis or swan neck deformity could benefit after straightening and stabilizing their spine.
Fractures, Dislocations & Injuries in Spine: Patients with a fracture or any injury within the spinal cord can undergo cervical spine surgery to relieve pressure on the spinal cord and further to stabilize its structure. Neck pain can indicate inflammatory and degenerative spine diseases like cervical radiculopathy, cervical myelopathy, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and neoplastic cervical spine disease.
How to Prepare for Cervical Spine Surgery?
Preparation for cervical spine surgery goes beyond just preparing yourself mentally and physically. But there are specific changes you could plan for a comfortable and easy-going after the surgery.
- Maintain your health before going in for your surgery.
- Organise your home so that things you may need once you return from your surgery are easily accessible. It refers to putting the phone, shoes, and toiletries in easy-to-reach places that don't require any bending.
- Stop taking medications such as pain relievers and vitamin supplements two weeks before the surgery. If there are medications you must take, keep a log of these to review with your neurosurgeon before your cervical spine surgery.
- Stop smoking two weeks before cervical surgery. Smoking interferes with bone graft healing.
- Have a pre-surgical physical check-up at least within ten days of your surgical date to ensure your health to have the procedure done. This will include blood work, urine analysis, EKG and medical history.
- Donate blood. Depending on your procedure, you may be required to donate blood or have donations made in your name.
- Prepare your hospital kit. This should include comfortable clothing such as pyjamas or sweat pants, as well as a robe and comfortable non-slip slippers. Gather toiletries such as a comb, toothpaste, and toothbrush.
International Patient Experience
Mr. Kevin Steven, Ireland
Cervical Fusion Surgery
I needed cervical replacement and cervical fusion surgery but everyone said that it is impossible to get two surgeries done at a time. However, when I looked up the internet, I found about Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants. I contacted them and sent all my medical reports. Soon after competing the procedure, I came to Mumbai, India.
The surgeons there were extremely qualified and I received the double surgery under anesthesia. The surgery went successful and after I feel more energized and youthful. I thank Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants for doing what everybody said was impossible. I also sincerely thank the surgeons in India for making the treatment bearable yet successful.
What are the Common Procedures for Cervical Spine Surgery?
Some of the Commonly Practised Cervical Surgeries are:
Anterior Cervical Spinal Fusion Surgery (Arthrodesis): Arthrodesis is a surgical procedure, also known as joint fusion that joins selected bones in the neck. The goal of this surgery is to provide pain relief, restore skeletal stability, and improve alignment in people with advanced arthritis. Not all arthritic joints patients are candidates for Arthrodesis. Some posterior decompress procedures may require Arthrodesis accompanied by lateral mass plates. Instability in the upper cervical spine may require a posterior Arthrodesis with plating to the occipital.
Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery: When the cervical disease encompasses more than just the disc space, the spine surgeon may recommend removal of the vertebral body as well as the disc spaces at either end to completely decompress the cervical canal. This procedure, a cervical corpectomy, is often done for multi-level cervical stenosis with spinal cord compression caused by bone spur (osteophytes) growth. The approach is similar to a discectomy (anterior approach), although a larger and more vertical incision in the neck will often be used to allow more extensive exposure.
Posterior Cervical Decompression (Microdisectomy) Surgery: Some spine surgeons may prefer the posterior approach (from the back of the neck) for a cervical discectomy. Microdisectomy is useful for sizeable soft disc hernia that is lateral to the spinal cord. A Microdisectomy is typically performed for a herniated lumbar disc and is more effective for treating leg pain than lower back pain. It is achieved through a small incision in the midline of the low back.
Posterior Cervical Laminectomy: Cervical stenosis can place pressure on the spinal cord, If most of the compression is in the back surgeons can successfully treat with a posterior cervical laminectomy. The objective of Posterior Cervical Laminectomy is to remove the lamina to give the spinal cord more space. The results of the laminectomy change from person to person. In general, after the laminectomy, most patients can expect to regain some spinal cord function improvement in their hand function and walking capabilities.
What is the Procedure of Cervical Spine Surgery?
In the treatment of cervical pain, generally, surgeons use two techniques: decompression and stabilisation. With cervical spine decompression surgery, the tissue that is impinging on a nerve structure is removed. A cervical spine decompression procedure is performed from the front (anterior cervical spine surgery) or the back (posterior surgery). The types of decompression procedures are:
- Foraminotomy: To create more space in the vertebra.
- Laminotomy: Creates a hole in the lower back portion of the vertebra to make more space for the spine.
- Facetectomy: Removes the facet joint to relieve pressure on nerves.
- Laminoplasty: Reconstructs the entire lamina to make space for the spine.
- Discectomy: Cure the herniated disc.
- Corpectomy: The whole vertebral body is removed to gain access to the disc.
Spine Stabilization Procedure: Stabilization surgery limits movement between the vertebrae. Spine Stabilization becomes necessary when there is abnormal movement in the spinal column, which potentially leads to nerve injury. Stabilisation surgery is essential after a discectomy or corpectomy. These two stabilisation techniques are:
- Fusion, which bonds the bones together via a bone graft; stop the motion between the vertebrae
- Instrumentation, fusion is supplemented by devices such as plates, screws, wires, cables, and rods.
A new medical technology known as artificial disc replacement is another option for cervical spine surgery. Instead of fusing with the spine, usual neck moment is retained after replacing the disc. Depending on the severity of the condition, a patient may qualify to undergo minimally invasive cervical spine surgery. In this surgery, with the help of an endoscope to disrupt the muscles minimally, a small incision is made. Compared to standard cervical spine surgery, the pain and recovery time is less. This surgery relieves patients from scoliosis, herniated discs, and several other painful conditions.
Post Operative care for Cervical Spine Surgery in India
Cervical spine surgery is a significant operation, and your body needs time to heal. Below is a list of instructions that you should follow until your first follow-up visit after surgery.
- You can quit the stocking once you are home.
- You may sleep either on your back, stomach, or side. You may also use pillows for support when lying on your side. Place pillows behind your back and between your legs, when on your back place pillows underneath your legs.
- You are supposed to lie only in bed and not to use sofas or recliners. Sit in a straight-back chair.
- No, stooping, bending, pushing, straining or lifting from a lying down position. Do not push backwards.
- Try walking in the house and gradually progress to outdoors. Take someone with you for the first few times.
Recovery After Cervical Spine Surgery
The hospital stay following your Cervical Spine Surgery may up to seven days. Some of the recovery tips after your cervical spine surgery are as follows:
- Activity is an integral part of healing; a patient is encouraged to walk the first or second day after surgery. Physical activity is advised to reduce the risks of blood clots. Usually, a surgeon orders a collar/neck brace and gives the patient-specific instructions about its use.
- Full recovery takes about five weeks. There are no restrictions on walking or climbing the stairs during the recovery period for the next six weeks at home after the surgery.
- You should avoid lifting dense mass, especially over your head.
- Any sleep position that is comfortable for the patient is acceptable as long as the neck brace is worn to protect the neck area. Avoid driving during the recovery, but short rides as a passenger are allowed.
- In the event of a bone graft procedure, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications are prohibited for six weeks following surgery, as these medications may interfere with the healing. As an alternative, a patient may use hot or cold moist compresses over the site or shoulders. Incisions may be washed with mild soap and water, but tub baths, swimming pools, or any water immersion should be avoided for six weeks after surgery.
Patient from Cameroon – Mr. Valley Muma shares his experience of his Cervical Spine Surgery in India
Mr. Valley Muma from Cameroon
I am a father of two children with memories of a wife who died a year ago. Since months, I was experiencing severe back pain, and one day the pain started becoming unbearable. I consulted a doctor, and he prescribed me a painkiller for releasing my pain. In the days ahead, the same process continued, and I kept on taking painkillers, but the pain started to pinch more and more as days passed by.
Further, I consulted another physician, and he asked for a scan and after the report suggested me for spine surgery. As he was just a physician he could not go about with my surgery and so he recommended me to Dheeraj Bojwani group in India, and I had concerns with my cervical spine, and that was causing the pain sensation in my entire back. My physician was generous enough to help me get in touch with them and discussing my case with the team in India. At this stage, I got worried for my children and was not able to make up my mind as to how to go about the surgery and how to leave my kids back home all alone. Somehow, I managed to leave my kids at my friend’s place, came to India for the cervical spine surgery and went back healthy and fit with no signs of back pain or any discomfort. Today, I am more fit and active to take care of my children and nurture them with more responsibilities.
Why India for Cervical Spine Surgery in India?
- High expertise of spine cervical surgeons who treat with precision and care even the most complex surgeries
- International standards of medical excellence at affordable prices
- Innovative treatment protocols and strategies to meet a high level of success rate
- Extra warmth and care with personalised services
- Advance spine surgery care including minimally invasive and robotic surgery in Bangalore
Best Cervical Spine Hospitals in India
The hospitals and clinics catering to Cervical Spine Surgery in India are spread all over the country, with the presence of more than five thousand healthcare professionals treating with the most advanced medical amenities in India. These are available at hospitals in the following cities with latest facilities and state-of-art-facilities.
Top 10 Hospitals for Cervical Spine Surgery in India are as follows:
- Apollo Spectra Group of Hospitals, Delhi
- Max Hospital, Delhi
- Global Hospital, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital, Mulund
- Nanavati Hospital, Mumbai
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
- Global Hospital, Bangalore
- Yashoda Hospital, Hyderabad
- Medanta Hospital, New Delhi
Top Spine Surgeons for Cervical Spine Surgery in India:
With our vast network of surgeons in almost every major city in India, we provide you access to the world’s renowned spine surgeons in India. There are many spine surgeons in India for Liberation Surgery, but finding the best one for your surgery is quite tricky. We have arranged the Best 10 Surgeons For Cervical Spine Treatment in India for you to visit as follows:
- Dr Hitesh Garg
- Dr Rana Patir
- Dr Arvind Kulkarni
- Dr Sajan K Hegde
- Dr Rajagopalan Krishnan
- Dr Harshvardhan Hedge
- Dr Bipin Walia
- Dr R. S. Chahal
- Dr Vikas Gupte
- Dr Manoj Miglani
What is the Cost of Cervical Spine Surgery in India?
India provides a cost-effective cervical spine surgery in an expense less than 40-60% as compared to western countries for the same outstanding facilities. Patients can enjoy their medical trip in a pocket-friendly budget in India. The cost of cervical spine surgery in India with comparison to other countries are as follows:
|Type of Cervical Spine Surgery||USA||UK||India||Thailand||Singapore|
|Anterior Cervical Decompression Surgery||$40,000||$33,000||$3,000||$3,750||$4,500|
|Anterior Cervical Spinal Fusion Surgery||$75,000||$65,000||$6,000||$7,500||$9,000|
|Anterior Cervical Corpectomy Spine Surgery||$75,000||$65,000||$6,300||$8,000||$9,500|
|Posterior Cervical Decompression Surgery||$65,000||$55,000||$3,600||$4,500||$5,500|
|Posterior Cervical Laminectomy Surgery||$35,000||$32,000||$4,100||$5,200||$6,500|
How many International Cervical Spine Surgery patients came to India?
The list of TOP 15 countries from where the Cervical Spine Surgery patients are travelling to India is mentioned below. The primary reason of large number of patients going to India for Cervical Spine Surgery from these countries is because of availability of top cervical spine surgeons in India, affordable prices, food, tourism options, zero language barrier, etc.
To get free no obligation Quote For Cervical Spine Surgery :Click Here
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for medical tourism are:
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
Why should I have my procedure performed at Indian Spine and cervical spine surgery Center?
Spine Surgeons in India have wide experience and most of them are trained internationally. Also the hospitals in India are fully equipped to meet the needs of patient care. Cost, an important factor, is low thanks to the low cost of living in India.
Why do I need to get an MRI, CAT Scan and an XRay before I have surgery?
hese scans help the attending surgeons get a thorough understanding of your back and enable them to choose the best procedure for a permanent cure.
Do you use lasers for minimally invasive back surgery?
Yes. The Laser Spine surgery is a rather renowned procedure to solve back problems as it is less painful.
Which type of surgery has a greater success rate?
Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery has gained fame in treating the problems. However, the success rate of any surgery depends upon the surgeon's expertise, severity of your condition and your dedication in following post-op guidelines. Visit our website to know about the different procedures.
How will my pain be managed?
Your attending doctors and medical staff will take care of the post-operation procedures and you will be provided proper medication for your pain.
- Spine Surgeons and Hospitals in India
- Spine Fusion Surgery in India
- Laser Spine Surgery in India
- Spine Surgery in India
- Laparoscopic Spine Surgery in India
Our Blog Posts
Our Patient's Experiences
- Affordable Laser Spine Surgery offered a New Life to Jayden Mackerras from Australia
- Cameroon Patient Gets Successful Brain Aneurysm Surgery in India
- Sudan Patient’s Experience After Gamma Knife Surgery in India
- International Patient’s Journey for Parkinson’s Treatment in India
- Zambia Patient Gets Best Price Spinal Fusion Surgery in India