Best Gamma Knife Surgery COST in India
Plan your Gamma Knife Surgery in India with Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
Gamma Knife Surgery is among the most preferred treatment procedures to treat tumors. The technique makes use of radiations to destroy tumors without damaging the surrounding healthy tissues. This technique is highly-effective as it is minimally invasive. Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants is a medical tourism company in India providing access to the best hospitals providing ingenious methods to treat almost all health problems.
How things function at Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
- Basic functions : Our company assists the patients in arranging medical visa, accommodation for the patient and family, meals, appointment with surgeons, lab tests, etc.
- Qualified panel : Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants has ties only with the best hospitals and doctors, a crucial point in treating any medical condition anywhere.
- Ethical business : Receiving treatment in India with Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants ensures utmost care to maintain ethics in meeting the patient's need.
- Budget-friendly : Do not let your financial aspects affect medical treatments. We offer low cost Gamma Knife Surgery that won't burn a hole in your pocket.
- Other facilities : We also take care of quick visa letter, health diet as advised by your attending surgeon, to and fro airport travel, vacation tour, etc.
International Patient Experience
Low cost Gamma Knife Surgery for Meningioma in Bangalore India
I am (name) from Nigeria. I came to India for Gamma Knife Meningioma Surgery. I always used to feel weak and couldn't maintain a straight posture while walking and often lost balance. I needed a good medical treatment finding which was impossible in Nigeria so I searched on internet for options abroad. I found Dr Dheeraj Bojwani's website and contacted them. They sought my medical reports and was invited for the surgery in Bangalore, India. My surgeons were very helpful and made me feel at ease. After the surgery, I am very happy and living a healthy life. I thank Dr Dheeraj Bojwani team for the support and wish them a bright future.
Gamma Knife History
Swedish neurosurgeon Dr. Lars Leksell and a colleague, Börje Larsson, developed the first Gamma Knife model in 1968 during their search for a non-invasive modality to treat functional brain disorders. Subsequently, the Gamma Knife was proven to be beneficial in treating brain tumors and arteriovenous abnormalities. Continuing refinement through 1975 resulted in the forerunner of today's Gamma Knife. In 1987, the Gamma Knife was introduced to the United States.
The latest and most advanced version of the Leksell Gamma Knife, the Perfexion, was unveiled in 2006 and became available to the people of the United States in 2007. The Robert R. Smith Gamma Knife Center at Central Mississippi Medical Center became the sixth hospital in the United States to obtain the Gamma Knife Perfexion in October 2007.
What Conditions are Treated with Gamma Knife Surgery?
Gamma knife is proved to be very beneficial in treating many conditions which were considered to be non-treatable. Some of the conditions that can be treated from Gamma knife are as follows:
- Small intracranial AVMs (Arteriovenous Malformation, an artery and vein that have not formed properly) or cavernous angiomas (not greater than 4 cm)
- Benign tumors including: acoustic neuromas, meningiomas, and pituitary adenomas craniopharyngiomas
- Tumors located at the base of the skull in the pineal region'
- Metastatic brain lesions & other partially resected tumors
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Parkinson's disease or other movement disorders
- Medically intractable epilepsy
- Intractable pain in patients with disseminated cancer
- Especially significant, Gamma Knife treatment has helped patients with tumors once deemed inoperable due to location; patients considered at high risk for conventional surgery due to medical condition; patients with tumors recurrent after surgery and/or radiation therapy; and patients whose tumors were not totally removed by surgery.
What Preparations to be done before Gamma Knife Surgery Procedure?
There are many important aspects, which should be considered before going for Gamma Knife procedure. Some of them are mentioned below:
- One to two days before the surgery, the patient will need to visit the hospital for blood tests and to meet with the doctors who will perform the procedure. Patient will also meet with a neurosurgeon and a radiation oncologist.
- The first step in preparation is to fit the patient into the Gamma Knife helmet, or head frame. This holds the patient's head completely still while the tumor or other abnormality is precisely imaged and mapped using MRI, CT and other imaging technology. Images are downloaded to an advanced 3-D modeling simulator to complete the treatment plan.
- Each doctor will record patient’s medical history, perform a physical examination and obtain consent to perform the Gamma Knife procedure.
- Throughout your Gamma Knife treatment, your referring physician will play an active role in helping to determine the best treatment plan and in monitoring patient’s progress.
What are Gamma Knife Surgery Procedures?
Gamma Knife surgery requires the expertise of several specialists, including a physicist, a neurosurgeon, a radiation oncologist, an anesthesiologist (for children and patients with special problems) and a specially trained registered nurse.
To minimize discomfort, the patient is first given something to relax, and then a metal frame is fitted securely around the patient's head. Because the headframe is rigid and fixed in place with a pin, the tumor or lesion can be plotted with exceptional precision using a CT or MRI scan.
Three-dimensional planning software is then used to design a treatment that hits the exact contours of the tumor or lesion with an effective dosage of radiation.
By studying these images, your doctor can locate the abnormality within the brain accurately then precisely focus the gamma radiation beams on the abnormality.
Your head will be held still during the session while 192 small radiation beams are focused simultaneously at the target. The size of the focal spot can be adjusted and multiple focal spots can be combined together to deliver a high radiation dose precisely to one target or to multiple targets of almost any shape, anywhere in the brain.
What to do After Gamma Knife Surgery Procedure?
When procedure is complete, the head frame will be removed. If you had an angiogram, you might have to lie quietly for several more hours. Some patients experience a mild headache or minor swelling where the head frame was attached, but most report no problems. Your doctor will tell you whether or not he wants you to stay overnight for observation or if you can go home immediately. Either way, you should be able to return to your normal routines the next day or so.
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
What Follow-Up to be done after Gamma Knife Surgery?
The effects of your treatment will occur over time. Radiation treatments are designed to stop the growth of tumors or lesions, which means that the effect will be seen over a period of weeks or months. Your doctor will stay in contact with you to assess your progress, which may include follow-up MRI, CT or angiography images.
What are the Advantages of Gamma Knife Surgery?
- As Gamma Knife radio surgery is performed without incisions or general anesthesia, many of the usual risks associated with conventional neurosurgery, such as neurological deficit, infection and bleeding, are reduced.
- FDA approved to treat brain metastases
- Patients return to pretreatment activities within days, requiring little or no rehabilitative services.
- Gamma Knife is a recognized as the safe treatment option. It has been in use for more than 15 years and over 300,000 patients worldwide have benefited from this treatment.
- Provides unlimited reach to areas of the brain, and with future fixation devices, reach into the cervical spine area
- Provides less chemotherapy interruption than standard radiation therapy.
- Added features to increase patient comfort while still providing one of the most accurate stereotactic radiosurgical procedures for the brain
- Gamma Knife technology allows treatment of inoperable lesions. The procedure offers hope to patients who were formerly considered untreatable or at very high risk during open skull surgery.
- The cost of the procedure is often 25% to 30% less than traditional neurosurgery.
- Reimbursed by most insurance payers.
What are Gamma Knife Surgery Risks?
There are some risks and side effects associated with gamma knife surgery, though they are not as serious and occur far less frequently than with other more conventional types of brain surgery.
- Some of the negative side effects include nausea and headaches, both of which are usually related to the application and removal of the head brace required for the operation of the gamma knife’s guiding system.
- Temporary imbalance, numbness and physical weakness are also side effects that can occur as a result of gamma knife treatments.
These complications and risks are usually minimal.
What is Cost of Gamma Knife Surgery in India?
In comparison to conventional surgery, Gamma Knife offers patients many benefits in terms of results and low costs. Cost savings include:
- Lower treatment cost - Gamma Knife treatment is 30 to 70 percent less expensive than hospitalization for craniotomy and surgical resection
- Fewer charges because most patients are released within 24 hours
- Faster recovery eliminates the hidden costs of long convalescence
|Type of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery||USA||UK||India||Thailand||Singapore|
|Gamma Knife Treatment (4-5 fractions)||$18,000||$15,000||$7,500||$9,500||$11,500|
|Gamma Knife Treatment (3-4 fractions)||$16,000||$14,000||$7,000||$8,500||$10,500|
|Gamma Knife Treatment (2-3 fractions)||$15,000||$12,500||$6,000||$7,500||$9,000|
|Gamma Knife Treatment (1-2 fractions)||$12,000||$11,500||$5,500||$6,800||$8,500|
|Gamma Knife Treatment (1 fraction)||$11,000||$10,000||$5,000||$6,500||$7,500|
How many International Gamma Knife patients came to India?
The list of TOP 15 countries from where the Gamma Knife Patients travelling to India is given below. The major reason of large number of patients travelling to India for medical treatment from these countries is because of availability of quality healthcare in India, affordable prices and very good air connectivity.
The maximum number of patients for Gamma Knife Radiosurgery come from- Nigeria, Kenya, Sudan, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Oman, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia, USA, Tajikistan, Mauritius & Uzbekistan
Here are the approximate percentage wise distributions of the patients coming from Top 15 countries to India in 2017 for Gamma Knife Treatment
Why prefer India for Gamma Knife Surgery?
India is the most sought after option for international patients, as they get quality treatment at reasonable price. Cost is not the only concern the services that the patients get is benchmarked and incomparable. So, patient prefers getting the gamma knife surgery done in India. Some of the reasons are:
- Indian Government keeps providing incentive and guide line for the benefit of tourists and patients, by making more ready and targeted knowledge delivery and information provision for international patients.
- With patient safety as priority, the government, ensures, strict compliance to the international health standards.
- Medical Tourism, also known as Global Health, is one of the fastest growing industries in Global Healthcare to seek out affordable and high quality medical care.
- The hospitals in India are among the most advanced medical outsourcing facilities in the world, with specific programs carefully designed to attract medical tourisms.
- The major goal of medical tourism is to provide quick and professional health care service to local and international patients.
- India offers low cost treatment option that attracts a huge crowd of international patients.
So, India echoes a safe and beneficial alternative to those patients who have faced the problems of long waiting lists and expensive medical treatments back home. And a great opportunity to make India the most preferred medical destination and compelling reason of medical facilities well with in the reach.
Why Plan Gamma Knife Surgery in India with Dheeraj Bojwani Group?
Dheeraj Bojwani Group is one of the leading medical tourism companies in India. It is pioneer in providing best healthcare services for Gamma knife surgery in India at low cost. You just have to send us a query regarding your Gamma knife surgery and within 24 hours an assistant will contact you for further details and interaction. From that point everything will be taken care of by that patient coordinator, like arranging VISA, accommodation, appointment with the doctor with round the clock services to make your medical tour hassle free. We provide well qualified and professional doctors, surgeons, physicians, and medical staff who aid you in recovery from your ailment and ensure a safe and healthy journey back home.
Gamma Knife surgery in India is available in following cities;
Phone Numbers Reach Us-
India & International : +91-9860755000 / +91-9371136499
UK : +44-2081332571
Canada & USA : +1-4155992537
Some of the common countries from which patients travel to India for surgery are:
Below are the downloadable links that will help you to plan your medical trip to India in a more organized and better way. Attached word and pdf files gives information that will help you to know India more and make your trip to India easy and memorable one.
How can get Best Gamma Knife Treatment in India?
Accessing the best Gamma Knife Treatment is easy if done with Dheeraj Bojwani consultants. We have ties with the top-most hospitals. Send us your medical report so that we can choose the best treatment facility for you.
How many days would I need to stay at the hospital for my gamma knife treatment in India?
You might need to stay for a day or two after the gamma knife treatment, send us your medical reports for our experts to have a better understanding of your condition and advise you accordingly.
Is it safe to undergo gamma knife surgery to get rid of a tumor?
Gamma Knife treatment HAS BEEN invented to treat brain disorders, and mainly tumors, as the procedure is non-invasive and eliminate blood loss. It is very safe to undergo Gamma Knife treatment for tumors.
Does your facility have access to the latest technology?
Yes. The hospitals in India are very well equipped with the best technology and human resources to perform Liberation Treatment.
How do I decide if gamma knife surgery is right for me?
Leave the worrying part to us. You need not be anxious about the surgery to be recommended. All you have to do is send us your medical report and we will choose only the best and most suitable treatment procedure for you.
- Deep Brain Stimulation Therapy in India
- Computer Assisted Surgery in India
- Neuro Surgeons and Hospitals in India
- Neurosurgery in India
- Pituitary Tumour Surgery and Treatment in India